The Organ

The Saint Alphege Organ was originally built in 1915 by the Liverpool firm of Rushworth and Dreaper in order to serve as a demonstration instrument showing the breadth and quality of workmanship offered in commissions from that company. It was installed in the Church in 1960.

The Parish will need shortly to embark upon a major work of restoration which will result in an instrument which will stand its ground among organs in the City and in the surrounding area.

The Organ